Use best quality cuts of beef for this and make sure the oil’s smoking hot before you start cooking. You’ll be rewarded with a delicious healthy dish that’s a great supper when you’re in a hurry.
- 1 lb beef, cut into fine strips
- sunflower or groundnut oil
- 1 cup snow peas, cut into fine strips
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into fine strips
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup bok choi, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp corn starch
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and add the beef. Heat a wok or large pan, add a small drizzle of oil and stir-fry the vegetables. Once cooked, remove from the heat.
- Stir-fry the beef in batches and when ready, return the vegetables to the wok. Add 2-3 tbsp of water with the oyster sauce, stir and heat through a little before serving.